Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
|¾ cup||coconut flour|
maple syrup, at room temperature
|¼ cup||melted coconut oil|
|6 tbsp||fresh lemon juice|
|6||eggs, at room temperature|
|1 scoop||Kaizen Naturals® Whey Protein Vanilla Bean|
|1 tsp||baking soda|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp||poppy seeds|
|raw cashew butter|
|pure maple syrup|
|fresh lemon juice|
|water, as required to thin|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Ensure the eggs and maple syrup are at room temperature. If they are not, place them in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes to help them warm up quickly.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, Kaizen Naturals Whey Protein Vanilla Bean, lemon juice and zest, salt, baking soda, poppy seeds, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Bake in oven for 22-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Cool completely before topping with icing.
- To prepare the icing, stir together the cashew butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add water one tsp at a time, as needed to thin the icing to your desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing over the top of each muffin before serving. Muffins can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe Courtesy of Michelle Garland