Chocolate Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
|1 cup||rolled oats|
substitute flax eggs for vegan alternative
(For 1 flax egg, mix 1 tbsp. ground flax and 2 ½ tbsp. of water in bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken. Proceed to use as egg substitute.)
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1 ½ tsp||cinnamon|
|¾ cup||almond milk|
|½ tsp||coconut oil|
|½ scoop||Kaizen Naturals® Vegan Protein Chocolate|
- Add all ingredients, except the coconut oil to a blender and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Warm coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Ladle pancake mix into frying pan to form pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add toppings of choice and enjoy!
- fresh berries
- nut butter
- coconut yogurt
- 1-2 tsp. maple syrup (if you like your pancakes a little on the sweeter side!)
Serves 2 people (makes 7-8 small pancakes).
Recipe and image courtesy of Zakiya Lalani.