No Bake Protein Bars
|3/4 cup||nut butter|
|1/4 cup||maple syrup|
|1 heaping tbsp||coconut oil, melted|
|1/4 cup||almond flour|
|3/4 cup||Kaizen Naturals® Vegan Protein Vanilla|
|2 tbsp||coconut oil|
|1/2 cup||dairy-free chocolate (or chocolate of choice)|
1. In a bowl, or stand mixer, combine all protein layer ingredients one at a time, in the order listed. Once combined, the batter should be soft yet thick and have a consistency similar to cookie dough.
2. Transfer batter to a silicone loaf pan (8x4) or a lined loaf pan. Use your hands to press the dough into the pan, ensuring it is spread evenly.
3. Place pan in the fridge to set while you prepare the chocolate layer.
4. In a double boiler, combine the chocolate layer ingredients and stir until smooth and completely melted.
5. Remove the pan from the fridge and pour the melted chocolate mixture over top.
6. Place the pan back in the fridge for 60-90 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
7. Slice into 10 bars and store in airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe Courtesy of Sabrina Virdee